Caring for a loved one with dementia is challenging work. Ease your caregiving tasks and make your loved one or patient feel more comfortable with the hands-on tips & techniques from our training DVDs.
“Está todo en su enfoque” is a 2 hour training DVD for caregivers. Teepa Snow, a nationally acclaimed Alzheimer’s and dementia care specialist, teaches her students how a person with dementia perceives his/her environment and how to properly adapt one’s own behavior to increase communication and the patient’s quality of life.
Learn techniques to improve communication, mutual understanding, better manage distress, and much more
– how a person with dementia perceives his/her environment and understand unusual behaviors and memory problems
– about key principles of caretaking
– better strategies to offer help when the person with dementia doesn’t seem to be aware of any changes or difficulties
– Teepa’s “Positive Physical Approach” to decrease the risk of distress
– about commonly occurring behaviors and recommended and preferred responses
– about the cueing sequence of Visual-Verbal-Touch especially important during later stages of the disease
– to improve communication and mutual understanding
and much more
Join the thousands of caregivers that have made their loved ones feel at ease with Teepa.
View video excerpts on our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/PinesofSarasota
“Está todo en su enfoque” is presented by The Pines Education Institute of SW Florida and facilitated by Teepa Snow, SRA, OTR/L, FAOTA. The Pines Education Institute is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing education, outreach programs, support, resources and counseling to family members and geriatric caregivers.