“I tried my best to care for my mom with dementia, but after seeing Teepa I realized that there is a lot I simply didn’t know. I understand my mom much better now, and I feel so much more confident in my care for her. Thank you Teepa for helping me reconnect with my mom.”
“I wish I had known this earlier” is the most common response of caregivers that see Teepa Snow for the first time. Learn with Teepa now and experience how the right approach can make all of the difference.
Frontotemporal Dementias (FTD), an umbrella term for a range of disorders affecting the frontal and temporal lobes of the brain, are particularly challenging for families and professional caregivers. Odd, often impulsive behaviors and potential loss of language are just a few symptoms causing frustration and anxiety.
Learn with Teepa Snow
– Why proper screenings truly matter, and where to get them
– About causes and symptoms of different types of FTDs
– Which changes happen in the brain, and how they affect the person with FTD
– How to deal with challenging behaviors without sacrificing the relationship
– Which medications can help or potentially cause harm
– How to best manage the disease with current treatment options
– Why supportive communication and a positive physical approach are vital to offer the greatest quality of life, for the person with FTD and caregiver alike
Who is Teepa Snow?
Teepa Snow is an Occupational Therapist with over 30 yrs of experience who cared for two family members with dementing illnesses herself.
The combination of her formal training and “been-there-done-that” skills enable Teepa to help caregivers with tried-and-true solutions. She goes in and out of character as a typical person with Alzheimer’s to demonstrate common issues and problems to help care providers learn new ways of thinking and managing their own behaviors for better results.