Delicious puréed recipes for anyone with swallowing disorders, including three levels of Dysphagia (Soft Diet, Modified Soft Diet and Puree Diet).
Provides a system for setting up and running a purée kitchen.
Taking the guesswork out of the setup, the Essential Purée system is fast, easy, organized and smart.
Indispensable for caregivers and families coping with patients with dysphagia or swallowing difficulties, this guidebook features:
- 67 Puréed Recipes, for adults, of classic American comfort foods
- Steps to setup of the pantry, refrigerator and freezer
- A guide to the best kitchen tools and the best and healthiest cooking methods
Tips for making great-tasting purée
- How to select ingredients for nutritional healing
- How to organize a cooking schedule so that you are not chained to the kitchen and a great meal is always on hand
- How to store food safely and tells how to label food and keep track of what is on hand
- Practical advice from a home cook who has been in the situation of the caregiver